Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Update
UPDATE – Wednesday 12 February 2020
No doubt as you have been too, we continue to closely monitor and assess the Covid-19 (nCov-2019 / Coronavirus) situation.
JRCS meeting – Tues 11 Feb
JRCS clubs met last night (Tue 11th Feb) to collectively discuss how junior rugby clubs in Singapore will approach the on-going Covid-19 outbreak.
A number of factors were referenced and considered:
- MOH, MOE, MOM, relevant government body recommendations and international school initiatives
- Uncertainty around the developing situation and the recent escalation to DORSCON level orange by the government
- A higher duty of care should be taken when considering risk management for what is a potentially more vulnerable age group
- Various sports provider/organiser decisions around Singapore, including Singapore Rugby Union (SRU)
- The close contact nature of rugby as a sport and how it could increase the risk of exposure amongst players
- Parent feeling and concern
Outcomes from the meeting
Based on the discussion, two outcomes will affect Centaurs Rugby until further notice:
1. All JRCS Clubs unanimously agreed to suspend all league games (and minis rounds)
2. Saturday Centaurs Rugby Training will be suspended
Centaurs, along with JRCS Clubs, will continue to monitor the constantly evolving situation and are committed to provide a further update by no later than Friday 28 February.
Yours in Sport,